United Airlines Senior Developer in Gurgaon, India
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
United Airlines’ Sales IT team partners with Sales business and technology leaders across the company to create solutions for better customer experience, efficiency and cutting edge technology solutions to empower Sales business and our B2B customers.
The Senior Developer plays an important role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. The Senior Developer's role is to plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments. This individual should be experienced and self - sufficient in performing his/her responsibilities requiring little supervision, but general guidance and direction.
• Responsible for software development during the design/build phases of the SDLC
• Perform as technical expert on development projects
• Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements
• Support, maintain, and document software functionality
• Works/Consults across multiple projects
• Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of development methodologies, software design and design patterns, integration standards as well as its applicability at coding and testing cycles
• Work with Agile Scrum Masters and Product Owners to understand Agile Stories and Acceptance Criteria
• Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements
• Responsible for making sure in-progress builds follow the approved designs
• Perform coding and proper unit testing (including test class creations) for in progress changes and participate in peer code reviews
• Document deployment steps as needed
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems and/or equivalent work experience
5+ years of experience in design, development, documenting, testing, and debugging of new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use
3+ years of experience in Salesforce custom development
Strong knowledge and understanding of Salesforce application architecture, Governor’s limit, and development components such as Visual Force, SOQL, Apex Classes and Triggers, JQuery, APIs, Process Builder, Approval process, etc.
Knowledge and experience working with Salesforce as a Developer
Experience using source control and continuous integration
Experience with SOA including SOAP and REST API integrations
Experience with relational database design and development
Self -starter who takes initiative and is proactive
Ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks
Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including management and end-users.
Approximately 4 weeks of travel to US in a year may be needed
Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
Using Angular JS based UI pages in Salesforce Visualforce pages.
Airlines industry experience
Prior .NET development experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 47 Technology/IT
Function: Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled