United Airlines Principal Architect in Gurgaon, India
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
United Airlines’ Sales IT team partners with Sales business and technology leaders across the company to create solutions for better customer experience, efficiency and cutting edge technology solutions to empower Sales business and our B2B customers.
The Principal Architect will provide thought-leadership in Sales IT architecture, strategy & planning and delivery. Defines roadmaps to bridge the gap from current to future state for business, information and technology capabilities. Leads/Mentors/Guides development strategy and other developers. Communicate and collaborate with US based team.
• Lead architecture, design and development team.
• Be involved in complete SDLC process and lead the delivery.
• Be a mentor for other developers/senior developers throughout the implementation.
• Have a broad architectural/functional understanding of overall Sales strategy and be able to guide and align other developers.
• Work closely with US team and help maintain consistency and collaboration offshore.
• Maintain communities of practice surrounding business analysis and IT architecture.
• Facilitate open communication and fact-based decision making.
• Research, identify, and recommend industry best practices for solving business and technology problems.
• Function with autonomy and demonstrate influence.
• Clarify, define, coordinate and direct the work of others.
Strategy and Planning
• Align the development of core business capabilities, information assets and technology in response to strategic initiatives.
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems
10+ years of experience in design, development, documenting, testing, and debugging of new and existing software systems and/or applications for market sale or large-scale proprietary software for internal use
5+ years of experience working as Lead/Architect.
5+ years of experience in Salesforce custom development
Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including management and end-users.
Experience in leading technical staff and coordinating work across multiple technology teams
Strong knowledge and understanding of Salesforce application architecture, Governor’s limit, and development components such as Visual Force, SOQL, Apex Classes and Triggers, JQuery, APIs, Process Builder, Approval process, etc.
Experience using several technologies/framework and tools including source control, continuous integration, relational databases.
Experience with SOA including SOAP and REST API integrations
Self -starter who takes initiative and is proactive
Ability to prioritize a high volume of tasks
Travel to US few times a year as needed
Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Division: 47 Technology/IT
Function: Information Technology
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled